No Ways Tired

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I'm struggling with this Diabetes Monster!

I listened to my brother..... I tried and hoped to walk in his shoes.(that's where today's pressure and depression hit!)

But my inner voice..... says this is my body functioning at a cellular level (reduced output of insulin... and/or... resistance of beta cells to absorb insulin).    OK.   reality check.   

I cry.   I wish.   I try. I am diligent and intelligent about this diabetes monster.  It's only a number.   It is not the totality of me!  It's been since 2004:  I've gotta stay focused on management of my medical condition as it is right now.   DM (diabetes management) will produce reduced A1c --- reduced weight --- leveling of daily numbers with proper food intake and exercise.

But my God, help me always to focus still on Today.... on your everlasting, everloving care for me.   For I am wonderfully made.... you made me- Heavenly Father.   You know my beginning and my end.

I recall how one of your most faithful servants.... literally wasted away in her final days of death.  In her home, surrounded by her family... it was the most gruesome and unattractive death to endure.   The love was not diminished -- although it takes years for that ugly memory to fade with much less pain.   I felt that way in being in the hospital when daddy died.... the expelling of air, his lips, mouth, eyes, head turned toward the eastern sunrise....    God you know our downsittings and our uprisings. 

To you GOD.... For you I live and die.  I give you the praise and honor and glory.... in my body, my mind, and my soul.   We must work while it is day....

No comments:

Post a Comment