No Ways Tired

Wednesday, August 8, 2012


...sharing what a fellow blogger said....... think about my blood sugar readings as information from my body. She was just about as cynical as I usually would be....and said, “Easier said than done.” The therapist went on to tell her . . . . . .to let go of the “bad” and “good” labels and to think of the numbers more scientifically. For example, 250 was telling me I needed more insulin (for whatever reason, miscalculation of carbs, over treating a low etc.), just like 50 was telling me I needed less insulin and more glucose.

Still a skeptic.... thinking, it’s easy for her to say don’t get emotional about the numbers, but her words stuck !  She related how... over the next few days when she got a 200+ reading, she took a deep breath and thought, okay, what do I need to do here? Slowly, it began to work.

Slowly, the black hole began to dissipate like a rain puddle after the clouds part. She began to chant the phrase in my head “It’s just a number.” And it worked.


No comments:

Post a Comment